That’s why AHA works hard to employ and invest in like-minded individuals who exhibit a strong work ethic and passion to make every client their highest priority. We also are looking for seasoned professionals who will contribute to AHA’s overall deep market knowledge and expertise.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and profit sharing plan, and more. Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCY contact or submissions accepted.
Below are AHA’s current career opportunities.
Commissioning Specialist - Lexington MA
We are currently seeking a Commissioning Specialist for our office in Lexington MA.
The Commissioning Specialist will manage all aspects of commissioning projects, primarily new construction or tenant fit-outs. The candidate will be expected to diagnose, analyze and troubleshoot complex HVAC systems. The Commissioning Specialist will also be expected to interface with clients, participate in internal quality control and deliver projects on time and on budget. The Commissioning Specialist will be expected to participate in industry conferences, obtain relevant industry certifications and to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant technical experience
• Minimum of 2 years of commissioning experience
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings/specifications
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret sequences of operation
• Working knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems.
• Working knowledge of control systems required.
• Experience with large properties
• Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and Outlook required
• Professional Engineering (PE) license, Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP), Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP), Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP), LEED credentials.
• Working knowledge of Life Safety Systems
• Working knowledge of Building Enclosure Commissioning
• Ability to translate complex technical information to non-technical client stakeholders
• Familiarity with LEED, building codes and construction industry standards
Mechanical Engineer HVAC - Cambridge MA, Lexington MA and Alpharetta GA
We are currently seeking Mechanical Engineers in HVAC for our Cambridge MA, Lexington MA and Alpharetta GA locations.
We’re searching for an engineering professional who takes pride in his/her work and is looking for an opportunity to work with great people, do interesting work, and build a solid career with a firm that encourages and rewards personal growth and achievement.
• 1-3 years experience
• Experience in the consulting field is a plus.
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit software
• Excellent client interaction and communication skills
• BS in Engineering or related discipline preferred
Electrical Design Engineer - Cambridge MA and Alpharetta GA
We are currently seeking Electrical Design Engineers for our Cambridge MA and Alpharetta GA offices.
Candidate will be responsible for utilizing their knowledge of the MEP industry to complete projects within electrical design. This position requires someone who needs little to no supervision. The candidate will be working with senior level electrical engineers to complete projects while coordinating with the mechanical department. This candidate will also be responsible for performing field surveys to obtain pertinent information for electrical system design.
• Successful candidates will have 3 or more years of electrical design experience for commercial, laboratory, and institutional facilities
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to create, collaborate, work and lead within a team environment
• Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
• Experience in performing field surveys to obtain pertinent information for the electrical system design
• Must have the ability to perform electrical calculations, select equipment, and prepare construction documents
• Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering along with a FE required
• Some local travel required
Energy Modeler - Lexington MA
We are currently seeking an Energy Modeler for our Lexington MA office.
The candidate will be responsible for performing energy simulations using eQuest and Visual DOE for LEED projects and for utility incentive programs. The ability to read building system engineering documents and understand building system operations is required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent technical training certification
- LEED AP
- 2 or more years of experience in energy modeling and calculations
- Operational understanding of eQuest
- Fundamental knowledge of building system operation
- High degree of analytical skill and ability
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of LEED Documentation
- Knowledge of utility incentive application process is a plus
BIM Specialist - Lexington MA
We are currently seeking a BIM Specialist for our Corporate Headquarters in Lexington, MA.
Candidate will be responsible for setting up Trade Drawings (Electrical, Fire, Mechanical, Plumbing, AV/Security) along with updating design support files, including external references & Revit models. You will also take the role as a PCC (Project Cad Coordinator) for Jobs in Lexington and Cambridge. Daily model management administration and maintenance, providing design software desktop support, over the shoulder training, developing and shadowing to staff, content creation: Families such as parametric, formula, nested and type catalogs and participating on projects that require addition BIM services will be part of your day.
• Strong understanding of best practice/design standards for AutoCAD.
• Proficient with AutoCAD 2017+ is required.
• Revit knowledge for this position is required.
• Experience and understanding of Revit & AutoCAD workflows including setting up and maintaining job files, title blocks, xrefs & templates.
• Experience in the consulting engineering industry preferred.
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to manage time and multiple tasks.
• Must communicate well with clients, and with individuals at all levels in the organization.
Information Technology Tasks: — (Highly Desired) (Not Required)
• AutoCAD CUI Customization, configuration and deployment.
• Knowledge in either of the following: Unity, Adobe CS Suite, Newforma